My standard hygiene protocols prior to COVID-19:
These are the things that I have always done as standard, regardless of COVID-19. As a sexological bodyworker I have always adhered to strict hygiene protocols to create a safe and welcoming environment for my clients.
- Sheets, pillowcases, sarongs and towels are all fresh and clean for each client.
- There is a waterproof sheet between the (cotton) sheet and futon that I work on to prevent oil, sweat and any body fluids from coming into contact with the fabric of the futon.
- The waterproof sheet is wiped down with an antibacterial agent between every session.
- All intimate (genital and anal) touch is done with gloves. Gloves are latex-free and single-use. I use one set of gloves for anal massage (if included in the session), then another set for genital touch (if included in the session).
- My oil is freshly poured, from a ‘master container’, into a clean jug for each session so there is no risk of cross-contamination between clients.
- The room is well ventilated between sessions by opening windows and doors and creating a ‘through flow’ of air.
- I also have my own practices for energetically clearing and cleaning myself and the space between each client.
- The bathroom and toilet area are cleaned daily with antibacterial agent.
Additional hygiene protocols adopted to mitigate the spread of COVID-19:
Daily clean with antibacterial agent of…
- front doorbell
- door handles, handrails and bannister
- light switches
- A u-shaped head cushion is provided, this is covered in disposable tissue (new for each client).
The head cushion material is ‘wipe-clean’ and is cleaned with antibacterial agent between every session. This replaces a soft fabric cushion used previously.
I will only be seeing a maximum of two clients per day, allowing plenty of time for the session space to be cleaned and aired.
- Please bring your own bottle of water, I will no longer provide a drinking glass or refreshments.
- Please wash your hands or use hand sanitiser as soon as you arrive for your session. Hand sanitiser will be provided.
- You’re welcome to take a shower at the start of the session, as always, but please note that this is included in the overall time of your session.
- If you or anyone you are in close contact with has symptoms of the virus, please defer your session for a minimum of 14 days.
- If you want to, you can check your temperature on the morning of your session, and if it is higher than usual, I ask that you defer your session for a minimum of 14 days.
- If you choose to, you can access free lateral flow tests via the NHS (CLICK HERE) and check whether you have the virus and are asymptomatic. You should take a test within 24 hours of the session and if the result is positive you should postpone your appointment.
- If you know that you have underlying medical problems like asthma, high blood pressure, heart and lung problems, diabetes, or cancer it is your individual responsibility to assess the risk presented by coming for a session and being in close contact with another person.
- If you know that you are a link in a chain to an elderly relative or friend who has a compromised immune system through illness, it is your individual responsibility to assess the risk presented by coming for a session and being in close contact with another person.
- Essentially, these criteria are the same from before coronavirus – I would always encourage people NOT to book sessions if they feel ill and if they cannot happily integrate the experience into their lives.
- If you develop symptoms or receive a diagnosis within 10 days after your session, you should notify me immediately, so that I in turn can inform anyone else who has been for sessions in that period.
It is my personal preference that people entering my home for sessions do not do so with their faces covered for the entirety of their visit. If you want to wear a face mask during the time that you’re actually receiving bodywork and touch that is OK, but I kindly ask that you do not show up wearing one and that our initial chat and ‘check in’ is done without a mask. During this time we can maintain a distance of 1.5m. I will not be wearing a face covering during the session.
- I will contact you 24 hours prior to your session to confirm whether you have been in self-isolation or in close contact with someone who has symptoms of COVID-19. If the answer is yes to either of these questions, I will ask you to defer your session by a minimum of 14 days.
- I will also ask you to confirm if, in the past 14 days, you personally have had any of the most common symptoms of COVID-19:
fever / dry cough / tiredness
Or any of the less common symptoms:
aches and pains / nasal congestio / headache / conjunctivitis / sore throat / diarrhoea / loss of taste or smell / a rash on skin / discolouration of fingers or toes
(list of symptoms taken from https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/question-and-answers-hub/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses)
My standard cancellation policy: